Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 3, 2014

Ola familia!!

The work is hastening!!!! I just would like to say one thing (ok, maybe a lot of stuff): I love this mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant ever get enough of it. Wow I was extememly tired the past few days but its wearing off. Im not sure what I did, but I dont think I have ever been so tired that when we get home at night my body literaly starts shutting down and going to sleep. Its a whole new sensation of being exhausted. Amelia is still running, She is a workaholic so we havent seen her for what seems like ages. It took me a while to accept the fact that it just may not be her time. But I know that here in the near future she will recognize what she is missing and come back.

So we now have a Luge in the back yard huh? Cool! You will have to send me a picture or two. Dad: have you talked to Irmao Maximo yet? I see him every week at church. I am hoping to go on splits with him in the future. Thanks for the mission stories. It sounds exactly like what I have seen and experienced thusfar. The circumstances may be different but the Lords work is the same the world over. How is school going with all of you? Is there loads of snow or is it a sad snow year again?

Solange is not going to be able to be baptized becuse of her pregnancy and her husband. He is of another religion. He told her that she could be baptized after the baby. Which is not until April. But she is having lots of complications with her pregnancy. So we will have to see how it all plays out. But she knows!! She knows the church is true and loves it. She loves us coming over and teaching her. We are going to do a lunch with her sometime as well.

Marinet and her family are doing great!! they came to "Integration Night" on Saturday and even helped clean up after. And then on Sunday we went with a member to pick them up becuse her car is broken. The belt snapped, so I volunteered to change it out. She still hasnt bought the piece but when she does we will help her out. There is 7 people in the family of Marinet. two of them, Kevin and Alex, are under 10 years old, but the rest love sitting with us. They all come to church and are reading the Book of Mormon!! They love the gospel!! I am going to make some snickerdoodle cookies today to take over to their house tomorrow. Yeah we had a deal that we wouldnt get fed if I didnt bring American cookies. They are a super fun family!

We are getting 3 new missionaris either this or next week!! I love getting new missionaries. We need their help. We are small in numbers but growing. This Saturday our Zone has 7 baptisms!! I had the privelage to interview Nomar from one of the other areas yesterday. He is 19 and loves the gospel. He is very antsy to be baptised!! Remember Mateus? He is one of my investigators that we tought in Viana a few months ago. He was interviewd and will also be baptized this Saturday!! Alberto and Glaudice should be getting their documents for marriage this week as well!! The Gospel is true!!

We never stop donig contacting and tracting. We meet some interesting people most of the time. And lots of these houses have dogs that look like they could swallow you whole. Its an adventure every day. It rained pretty good so we spent the week jumping from rock to rock to try and not get muddy. Lots of mud!! Lots of water!! It was a tropical storm!! Lightning and rain, wind! But we had a great week. I know that Jesus Christ leads and guides his church today through a living prophet!!! I love you all so very much!
Elder Dredge

No comments:

Post a Comment