Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Thanks for the emails from everybody! I love reading about how life is going for you all! And I did recieve some letters from some of Dads seminary students! Obrigado! I cant believe that Jessiqa is going to get her call this week!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! Im about to explode! I think Im more excited than her! I think she Is going to get called to the (the best missison) Luanda, Angola mission! Yeah!? If not, I think it will be either England or Florida. You have my guess. Oh I cant wait!!
    
      This week I had my first divisions where I went to another area for 24 hours. It was really fun and I learned a lot from Elder Mariquelle. He is from Mozambique. We also got to watch General Conference with the ward yesterday and Saturday. It was really cool, even though I had no idea what anyone said because is was in Brazilian Portuguese. Which is like a totally different language. But I did feel the spirit and nothing could stop me from knowing and feeling that these men are called of god and they have the authority to recieve revelation for the world. How great and marvelous is this work!!
Danilson is going to be babtized this Saturday!! AH! I am so excited and very happy for him! He knows this is true and he is just like a spiritual sponge, soaking up everything that is good and virtuous! We are still doing a lot of finding and we have lots and lots of new investigators. We just need to find those whom the lord has prepared. The language is still hard and I still have have a hard time understand everything that is said, but I can get enough to understand. I love this language of Portuguese!! I had a gross fish the other day. They just fried the fish for like an hour, (it was fried to a crisp) the whole thing, skin, bones, head, all of it. Heh...it was...yummy?
I learned this week that I need to focus, not on just baptizing people, ( of course this is the reason we are here) but I need to focus more on testifying and bringing these people the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have been doing some soul searching and I have been digging in there pretty deep. Kind of like at the dentist when he drills on your teeth and you can tell when he gets just a little too far. You can feel that new sensation of ZING! all through your body! Its kind on like that. I rely more and more on the Lord as I learn that I can do nothing without him. Like it says in Alma 26. I rejoice not in myself, but I do boast in my god, for in him I can do all things. I know that I am week according to the flesh but in and through Jesus Christ I know that Miracles can be performed. Thanks dad for those thought and for sharing those experiences with me. I have learned a lot from each one of my companions as well. And I continue to be amazed at how much I can can learn from every person that we talk to. I love this people so much!! Sometimes it gets hard to love them. But as I think of the savior and the love that He has shown for me, "I Stand All Amazed." Thank you so much for all of your support and love! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment