Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Yep I arrived safely! It was another long and smelly bus ride and we got stopped twice by the patrol cars in the middle of the night and had to show our papers to prove that we were here legally. But it was a good trip. My new area is called Viana, and there used to be 6 elders in this area but now there is only 4 so our area is huge, (meant for 4 Elders) This place is full of sand, no dirt, just sand, and it gets everywhere. I'm still trying to get to know the area and the members, but that will come with time. The humidity is back and the mosquitoes as well. In fact I am sleeping under a net now. Its a lot nicer than before AKA without a net. But this Saturday and Sunday we had District Conference (Stake Conference). It was very cool. We had all the members from Luanda in one room! Something like 650 to700 people. The church is growing!!!! And it won't be stopped!!
I am the new district leader in Viana as well and I don't really know what I am doing but we shall see how that goes. We had a meeting the other day with the Zone Leaders and I received a small training and what not. There are a lot of changes going on now that President Merrill is here, and changes for the better! The Lord is hastening his work!!
This morning on the way to Soccer my name tag got bumped off in the taxi. Good thing I have one more, but I was pretty livid that it was missing. This week we had two mystery fone calls from Less active members that we didn't know existed. They somehow got a hold of our number and told us that they wanted to meet with us. We went over and thinking that they were investigators but come to find out they were less actives. Two men that moved here from the Congo 8 years ago and didn't know that the church was here and a lady that went off the grid 2 months ago. It makes me think of the scripture in D&C that every soul is great in the eyes of God. And all three of these mystery members came to the conference this weekend!!!!!! Cool huh!? That is something that we are going to be working on a lot more is member missionary work, and going after the lost sheep that have fallen away. I also found out that Edson, the man that I baptized way back in the beginning of my mission is less active. I called him today and talked to him for a min. I'm not sure what is going on but i will try and find out.
We had a lesson with a man named Luis. He is brand new investigator. We gave him the Book of Mormon a few days ago and passed by 2 days later. He had already read up to I Nephi chapter 13!! Holy smokes, that never happens! I was so surprised and super happy. We set a baptismal date for him for the 26 of October but I'm thinking we might move him up a week. He is super prepared by the Lord. He told us that he trusts us and that we will decide when he gets baptized. He said he knows that we know when he is ready, extremely humble and willing to follow the will of the Father.
I love missionary work! I love it so much!! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!! I love all of you so very much!!! I pray for you every day!! You are my heroes!!!! Don't ever give up!
Keep the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment