Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013

Hey there family. I decided to send lots of pictures. I hope they all made it. So this letter will be a bit shorter because of time sending pictures, but hey, they say a pictures worth a thousand words! And sorry we didn't do email yesterday. Yesterday was Independence day over here so everything was closed. 

Thank you for all the emails I received! You are all the best!! I wish I could have been there to see the end of the giant pumpkin. So its getting cold back home. Its getting hotter here. I am starting to sweat a lot more than I did before, but don't worry we drink plenty of water. Oh, and my package is here and I should be getting it by the end of this week, or so I was told. We shall see. Elder Francisco is doing great!! We printed off some pictures for his visa a few days ago so he should be out of here in no time!! He is so excited and giddy about missionary work!! Ive never seen anyone with such animation and liveliness for doing the Lords work before! Its great!! In response to your question, yes we have a refrigerator in our apartment. We actually have two, don't ask me how but it happened...somehow. Caleb!! Get that Eagle project done. It might be a pain and you might have to do a lot of paperwork but its worth it!! Keep up the good work! NO soda!! wow, way to stay healthy. I love you all family!!

This past week was a really stressful week, I'm not sure why but there was just so much to do in so little time! AHHH. We have so many new people and members are bringing friends and family to church so we are almost biting off more than we can chew. But its great and I love every min of it, maybe not in the moment, but after I sure do appreciate it all.

This week we sat with two of our investigators Mateus and Bula that already consider themselves to be members of the church! Its really funny to hear them talk about how they are going to bring their family members to "their church" I love them so much!! They are both older that dad and Have several kids and one is a policeman and the other a professor at a local school. We talked about marriage the other day and that they need to be married before baptism. Most people here are married traditionally and not legally. They were equally excited about that as well. I was a bit nervous as to what they would say, but Bula said. "If that's what we need to do, that that is what we will do." He was super excited about it actually! The church is true! I know it! There is no other way that 20 year old kids can change the lives of 50 year old men. Through the spirit anything is possible! 

I know the power of the spirit is real and can truly guide us if we just let him. The holy Spirit is always prompting us and trying to help us, We just need to learn how to recognize what he is saying. It is a concept that I have been trying so hard to understand that is so simple but yet extremely dense. I love my Savior Jesus Cristo and for all he has done for me and the whole world. His life and teachings are unlike any other and I struggle every day to understand them better. Thank you all for everything! I wish you all the best week ever!!
Keep the Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment