Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8, 2013

The mission conference was amazing! I absoulutly love President and Sister Merrill! They are perfect for this mission and for us. He truly is na inspired man of God. it was mostly to get to to know him and Sister but we did have a small training as well as a testimony meeting. He knows exactly what to do. I am still in awe about how spiritual and inspired he is. We had interviews with him and during the prayer he answered many of my questions (Just during the prayer!!) It blew my mind. I know that they are perfect for this work here in Angola. They are going to be coming down to Huambo on Wednesday and will have a few training with us and the members. I am excited!!
The bus ride up to Luanda was long but it was beautiful!! i loved it! One min we would be driving through desert with almost no vegitation, just some dead grass then the next min it would literally be rainforest as far as the eye could see; with dense dark, dark green foliage and trees. It was amazing! The ride back....hmmmm, that was an adventure in and of itself. So we left at 19 and got home at at 6ish the next morning. I couldnt sleep. I only got a couple hours of sleep. And there was a drunk man that was walking around falling on people and talking to himself for the first 2 hours, A few crying babies, and two men that I was sitting next to that drank a whole bottle ( it was probably a liter) of Red Label Wine. So they were weird too. Then the drunk man passed out on the floor and stayed there for most of the rest of the trip. I felt bad for him. Oh yeah, there were a couple of chickens too. It was a night to remembre!
We didnt get much done in our área this week because of the Conference but we did manage to see Lucas. It was our second visit and he had already read up to chpt 14 in the Book of Mormon!! We were amaized! But Adelihno ( the Pastor) is very hard to sit with.  He is a very busy man. We will see.
Wow! This upcoming weeks will be very busy for all of you it looks like! Jessiqa: You will do amazing in your farewell talk, Just let the Spirit guide. D&C 84:85. You will do great! Girls cam sounds like it was a blast! I loved Scout camp, given it is a bit diferente from girls camp, But cool!!
I saw the Strength for the Youth pamphlet for the first time in Portuguese! The Lord is moving fast here in Angola to have those precious materials here to help the youth. The youth have such a hard time here to live the standards. The law of Chastity and modesty and language are almost completly off the radar. I have so much respect for the youth that I see here living the correct principles, as well as the grown adults. Marriage is unheard of. But that is the magnificance and majesty of the Gospel and the Book of Mormon, they change lives, mindsets, family situations, and trough the Atonement ALL can be made clean! What a bright prospect! Hope! Happiness! Eternal Life! All through the Atonement of Jesus Cristo! They pathway to Eternal Life and eternal happiness has already been carved deep into the histroy of the world and the history of man. It is a long, straight, narrow, secure, and sure path. It may be dark at times but that is why we are required to walk by FAITH. Christ will light the way. I know that through Christ we can all walk this path that has been carved and sculpted by His blood, His sweat, His tears, and His life. I love my Savior and I love each and every one of you so much!! Zach, Emma, Caleb, Noelle, Jessiqa, Mom and Dad!! And the Rest of our big happy family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment